Unanswered Questions about Lekki Toll Gate Massacre on the 20th October 2020
Mr Governor said, "forces beyond his direct control were responsible for the heinous act" in his speech on the 21st October 2020. He went further to say there were no fatalities recorded. The Nigerian Army denied involvement in the horrific scene while the Presidency also maintained the same ground as others making the storyline more complicated.
However, there were a series of events possibly justifying that the horrible attack on harmless protesters were deliberate actions to frustrate youths clarion call to end police brutality and bad governance in the country, Nigeria.
Some protesters interviewed at the terrific scene downplayed the claims of the Nigerian Army saying the force were the ones who shot at them that night of 20th October 2020. What could have settled this case easily would be the availability of the CCTV footage of that night's event by the LCC. None has been shown to the general public as at this day.
Noteworthy, lights were off at the time the evil was perpetrated which therefore increased the long list of unanswered questions about the Lekki toll Gate saga to include:
- Who gave the order for the killings of peaceful protesters at Lekki toll gate?
- Which arm of the security was ordered to shoot at unarmed protesters at Lekki toll gate?
- Who led the squad to shoot at the most coordinated and peaceful protest ground in Lagos, Nigeria?
- Why was the power supply that had lighten up their activities for over seven days switched off, suddenly?
- Why was there no CCTV footage of the events released by the LCC?
- What gave them the effrontery to believe shooting at unarmed protesters would amount to nothing?
These are pressing questions worth asking all stakeholders involved at this time. We hope and pray to get answers for these questions with proper justice meted out to the persons behind the massacres. Note, I had to write this today because I have been struggling psychologically to go about normal routines every since that news.
Now imagine how the people at the scene that night would feel right now - terrified, traumatised, depressed, worn-out, broken... How did you feel when you heard the news? And how are you feeling right now? We would like to hear from you in the comment button. Thanks.