Open Letter to All; How to Care for Your Liver
How LIVER functions
1. I STORE THE IRON reserves you need, as well as a lot of vitamins and minerals. Without me, you wouldn’t have the strength to carry on!
2. I MAKE BILE to help digest your food. Without me, you’d waste away to nothing!
3. I DETOXIFY the poisonous chemicals you give me, and that include alcohol, beer, wine and drugs (prescribed and over-the-counter) as well as illegal substances. Without me, your “bad” habits would kill you!
4. I STORE ENERGY like a battery, by stockpiling sugar (carbohydrates, glucose and fat) until you need it. Without me, the sugar level in your blood would fall dramatically and you’d go into a coma!
5. I MAKE THE BLOOD that got your system going even before you were born. Without me, you wouldn’t be here!
6. I MANUFACTURE NEW PROTEINS that your body needs to stay healthy and grow. Without me, you wouldn’t grow properly!
7. I REMOVE POISONS from the air, exhaust smoke and chemicals you breathe. Without me, you’d be poisoned by pollutants!
8. I MAKE CLOTTING FACTORS that stop the bleeding whenever you accidentally prick yourself. Without me, you’d bleed to death!
9. I HELP DEFEND YOU against the germs going into your body all the time. I take those cold germs, flu bugs and other germs you encounter, and knock them dead – or at least weaken them.
Without me, you’d be a sitting duck for every infection known to man! That’s how much I LOVE YOU….but do you love me? Let me tell you some easy ways to CARE for me, your liver!! Don’t drown me in beer, alcohol or wine.
Even one drink is too much for some people and could scar me for life Watch👀those drugs!!!
All drugs are chemicals and when you mix them without a doctor’s advice, you could create something poisonous that could damage me badly. I scar easily… and those scars called “Cirrhosis” are permanent.
Medicine is sometimes necessary. But taking pills when they aren’t necessary is a bad habit. All those chemicals can really hurt ME.
Be careful with AEROSOL sprays! Remember, I have to detoxify what you breathe in, too. So when you are cleaning with aerosol cleaners, make sure the room is ventilated, or wear a mask. That goes double for bug sprays, mildew sprays, paint sprays and all those other chemical sprays you use.
Be careful what you breathe in. Watch what gets in your skin! Those insecticides you put on trees and shrubs not only kill bugs but they can get me right through your skin and destroy my cells too. Remember, they’re all chemicals.
Cover your skin with gloves, long sleeves, a hat and mask every time insecticides are in the air or if you’re handling them.
I can’t and won’t tell you when I’m in trouble until I’m almost at the end of my rope… and yours. Remember, I’m a non-complainer. Overloading me with drugs, alcohol and other junks could destroy me! This may be the only warning sign you will ever get.
TAKE MY ADVICE PLEASE! Check me out with your doctor: Blood screening tests could identify some trouble. If I’m soft and smooth, that’s good. If I’m hard and bumpy, that could mean trouble. If your doctor suspects trouble, ultrasound and CT scans can look into it.
My life and yours depends on how you treat me Now you know how much I care for you.
Please treat me with tender loving care.
Your silent and ever-loving partner, LIVER