Twenty (20) Important Lessons from the First Half of the Year 2020
The year 2020 has been a year praised long before its presence in Nigeria. Remember “Vision 2020”. If we had known this is what we have in stock, we would have changed the vision a long time ago. The year met us unguarded and shocked the entire world with the outbreak of Coronavirus disease leading to unexpected circumstances affecting all and sundry.
It is worth saying that hunger virus also attacked many Nigerians during the lockdown session of Coronavirus outbreak. Some people lost their lives. Some lost their beloved ones. Some lost their jobs partly while some lost it completely. At the extreme, some people lost their focus.
Positively, some people have successfully risen above the waters. This is why the saying “opportunity exist in every situation” is appropriate. What then are the important lessons from the first six months in the year 2020 filled with opportunities, shocks, disruptions, pains to mention but a few. The lessons are discussed not in a particular order below.
- Be thankful to God Almighty for abundant grace to see through this year.
- Be conscious and intentional about your personal and environmental hygiene.
- Be intentional about your personal development to fit into the demands of this season.
- Be positive-driven to identify and position yourself for the opportunities in this season.
- Be Information and Communication Technology skilled.
- Spread love and not hate today, tomorrow might be too late.
- Explore other areas outside your chosen field.
- Learn new skill/vocation/idea to shock your absorber where need be.
- Never depend on one source of income. Multiple streams of income will save your head.
- Be visible online by showcasing your educational attainment, skills, talents, and achievements on appropriate platforms.
- The world of analogue is gradually fading off, giving room for digitalization in all realms.
- Take absolute care of your home first before any other thing.
- Remote working is now popularly embraced from far and wide.
- Money management is more important than money-making.
- The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.
- There is no particular formula to excel in life.
- Consider investing your savings.
- Health is wealth.
- Change is inevitable.
- Death is inevitable.